Han Chuan Alex Ang wrote:

> hi, I am kind of confuse right now, is it possible to have a
> domain that is resolvable and yet I couldn't find any
> information on the internic or apnic etc, what did I miss, any
> body to shed some light

It could just be resolvable locally. Maybe your DNS server knows about it
but nobody else does.

The other possibility is that you just don't know where to look. It can be
hard to figure out where to look. There are numerous domain registries. If
you go to one of them in particular to look up a name that they didn't
register, you won't find the info that you seek.

For a list of ICANN-accredited registrars, go to the Accredited Registrar
Directory here:

http://www.internic.net/regist.html

ICANN stands for the The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers.

ICANN is the non-profit corporation that assumed responsibility from the
U.S. Government for coordinating certain Internet technical functions,
including the management of Internet domain name system. More information
about ICANN can be found at http://www.icann.org.

For more info about domain names in general, there's a good Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) here:

http://www.internic.net/faqs/index.html

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com