Everybody. How are you guys.

1)WS-G5484, WS-G5486, and WS-G5487 are all Optical GBICs -What command can I
use on a 6500 switch to identify which of the above GBIC's currently
installed in the switch?
sh ver doesn't seem to give me information on this.

2) Conceptual questions on PIX (i am learning pix in a lab environment)
 a)will a higher-security interface always be able to initiate connections
to a lower-security interface without configuration of an access-list,etc ?
So, with a pix consisting of 8 interfaces, will e7(dmz with security70) be
able to initiate a connection to e5(dmz with security50) but not the other
way around?

 b)access-list 101 permit tcp any host 175.1.1.254
access-list 101 deny tcp any host 175.1.1.254 eq www
What is the effect of the above access list in regards to www traffic?

 c)access-list 1 deny tcp host 10.0.1.2
This access-list is applied to interface e1(ip:10.0.1.1) and thus i expect
that 10.0.1.2 cannot initiate any communications. However it could reach
internet websites. When I used the same command but with a 'eq www' at the
end, the access-list worked and denied the host access to the web. Why is
that? I was under the impression that my access-list would simply deny all
traffic which would normally be the case on a router, but this seems to be
working differently on a pix.

Thank you in advance.
Bill