hi, I am trying to have a clearer picture of the layer 3 switching

concept.

Assuming that I have a Core Catalyst 6 series switch with layer 3

switching capabilities, I have a Access layer switch connected to the

core with two port label Vlan 1 subnet 1 and Vlan 2 subnet 2,

when frames is sent from from Vlan 1 to Vlan 2 on the same Access

switch, my understanding is that for layer 3 switching , it will

evoke a route one and switch the rest concept , my question is that,

after the first route , if no Access list has been created, will the

the Access switch be smart enough to perform internal

switching, that is , frame direct from Vlan 1 to Vlan 2 internally

within the Access switch. If the answer is no, Are there switches on

the market that is routing by this concept, please advice ,

thanks to all the guys who have tried to entertain all my questions