From: Kerry Ogedegbe [ MTN - Portharcourt ]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 7:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Load balancing / Backup Links with OSPF [7:63342]

Hello People,
  We are deploying additional links as backups, and Load Balancing in my
organization.
  One of the links is on our SDH backbone, and the second link is via
Frame-Relay through a service provider
  We are running OSPF routing protocol.  We are looking at 2 scenarios:
1 ) SDH Link as primary link, and the frame-relay link as a backup
2) Use both links for load balancing
>From my investigations, in other to achieve Load balancing, with OSPF
running, the bandwidth on both links
has to be the same.

And for Backup links, the OSPF cost has to be lower on the primary link, in
order to force traffic over the
primary link

Any suggestions on how to solve this
Cheers

Kerry Ogedegbe

(Network Group)

MTN-Nigeria

Mobile: 0803 200 2399

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[GroupStudy removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Clear Day Bkgrd.JPG]