The simplest and least-intrusive method I can think of would be to use
mobile arp.  Simply add 'ip arp mobile' or whatever the exact command is
to the router interface leading to that switch.  Then perhaps an a
static host route on that same interface pointing to that oddball IP
address.  That would allow you to access that specific IP address
without causing any other routing issues should you be using that same
subnet somewhere else in your network.

Regards,
John

>>> "Kevin Wigle"  2/20/03 9:19:42 PM >>>
Our group got a support call that a port wasn't working on a switch.

A colleague started looking into the case and found that he couldn't
connect
to the switch. (or ping etc)

He was able to get to another switch which is directly connected.

Using CDP he was able to see that the switch is incorrectly configured
with
the wrong IP address.

The real subnet is 10.235.x.x  but CDP nei det says that the switch
has
10.255.x.x configured.

Is there a way we can get to the switch and fix it over the wire?

Kevin Wigle