Each of the three routers had the same exact config. except for details such
as username/password for CHAP, IP's, phone #'s, etc...  The config'd items
were the same.

1 BRI int
2 Dialer Ints (dialer profile for each of the other 2 sites)
1 dialer pool

This was in a lab at school and is disconnected now.

However, this issue was I could get the first connection up fine.  For
example SJ-1 to London and the pings were good.  Then, with the 1st
connection up I couldn't get the 2nd.

DEBUG showed:

It couldn't dial b/c 2 calls were going on and 2 was the max.
BUT
sh dialer showed the 1st B-channel connected
and the 2nd idle.

The debug output was from the "dialer"

I got it to work by using the "min" parameter in the "dialer-pool member"
command.  (Set it to 2).

I want to know why this worked.  What am I not understanding?

I have read a lot of the DDR and ISDN BRI documentation I could find on
Cisco's site and I have re-read the Networking Academy chapter on DDR and
ISDN BRI.

I still don't understand why that command made it work.

It seems to me the problem was that the dialer profile did not see any
available physical int's to use so, it failed.
(BTW, it started the fast-idle timer right away which makes sense)

Maybe, if I hear/see it explained a couple of different ways it'll sink in.

Thanks in Advance!!

Joshua