Hi,

the reason is that the serial interface with encapsulation
frame-relay is a point-to-multipoint interface by default.
Inverse ARP allows multiple DLCIs.

If you want to use point-to-point links, you have to use a ptp
subinterface. But then you cannot use inverse arp (it only works
on the main interface). You have to specify the DLCI.

Example:
interface serial 0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay
interface serial 0.1 point
 ip address xxx
 frame-relay interface-dlci xx
end

Jens

--- Paul Dong So  wrote:
> Hi all,
> I did some tests and found this problem.
> Ra is the hub of fr connection, rc is the spoke
>
> When only inarp used, all ospf network types passed the test
> except p2p
> network type. No adjacency was able to be established. OSPF
> states kept
> looping between init, exstart and exchange. Note, same
> configuration, only
> "ip ospf network" statement was changed.
>
> I could not find any document about ospf p2p type vs frame
> relay inarp.
> Does anyone else come across the same problem in the lab?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
[EMAIL PROTECTED]