wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To build a backup server farm site (22 servers), with maximum requirement
> of 152Mbps (peak):
>
> Economic approach:
>
> 3640 with ATM module
> 3550-48-SMI
> 3 ATM PVCs, to the major points of the backbone (LS1010 switches and
> 6509-FlexWan ATM card); each PVC 5 Mbps SCR.
>
> Robust and Scalable approach:
>
> 6006 with ATM module
>

> The peak is considering the maximum rate if all servers were accessed at
> the same time (based on MRTG daily statistics).
>
> Any thoughts?

based on my experience, the 3640 may not give you the performance you
require. especially if you are using any access-lists, route-maps, QoS.

Also, with your peaks at well over 100 meg, you might want to consider a gig
interface on the LAN side.

a thought - use a dual ethernet router like a 3745 ( twice the performance
of the 3640 ) in combination with the switch ( which can easily handle the
load ) put your servers into two subnets / vlans and do quasi-load-sharing
across those two ethernet interfaces. depends on your traffic requirements.