In my studies for the Cisco wireless test I keep running across the term
RSSI - Received Signal Strength Indicator. Is this something different from
just the signal strength in dBms as shown by most utility programs? For
example in the site monitor part of the Orinoco Gold card it shows the
signal right now as -50 dBm and the noise as -98 dBm. So is the RSSI in this
case -50 dBm or does RSSI refer to something else the Orinoco site monitor
does not measure?