"In my setup I saw that so long as I had the 200.0.0.4 address on the R4
loopback that the 200.0.0.0/24 refused to propagate. it did not show up in
the R4 table.
"
it has to be in your R4 routing table as a directly connected subnet. I
suppose what you mean is that it doesn't show up as either a ospf or rip
dynamic route. every router should send an update that its in their routing
table, but because of administrative distances, the directly connected one
always wins with a 0 distance. if he's getting something dynamically sent,
I'd say he either didn't put the address/mask correctly on r4 or he changed
administrative distances.

scott

""The Long and Winding Road""  wrote in
message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]