  From: The Long and Winding Road
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 11:04 PM
  Subject: Off Topic - just screwing around and what do I see? [7:64449]

  three routers in a circle. but that's irrelevant.

  inbound from r3-------r1--r2-----r3----->back to r1

  I have IGRP between two of the routers. I have loopback on each of the two
  routers -- 222.222.222.x/32

  watching the 222.222.222.0/24 subnet advertisement. R2 sends it to R3 and
R3
  sends it to R2

  ???????????????????????????

  wait a minute - since when does EIGRP automatically redistribute into IGRP,
  even when the AS numbers are DIFFERENT????????

  router eigrp 200
   passive-interface default
   no passive-interface Serial1
   network 199.35.1.0
   network 222.222.222.0
   no auto-summary
   no eigrp log-neighbor-changes
  !
  router igrp 100
   passive-interface default
   no passive-interface Serial0
   network 199.34.1.0
  !
  Router_3#sh ip route 222.222.222.0
  Routing entry for 222.222.222.0/24, 2 known subnets
    Attached (1 connections)
    Variably subnetted with 2 masks
    Redistributing via eigrp 200
    Advertised by igrp 100

  well, at least IGRP isn't in the Lab any longer......

  --
  TANSTAAFL
  "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"