""Xy Hien Le""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi,
> I have experienced the Cisco 25xx routers crashed many time when
configuring
> BGP with the 26xx and 36xx routers, connected in a lab environment; most
of
> time happened when I do the "clear ip bgp *" command.
> Does anyone have the same problem? The 25xx routers have 16RAM and 16
FLASH
> installed.
> Any suggestion to fix this problem is very much appreciated.

there is a known bug with IOS versions lower than 12.1. Thids bug manifests
itself when you do a bgp default-information originate command under the BGP
process. Casues the router to reload. Real pain, especially when you are as
fast with the write mem as I am. :->

I have not experienced an issue related to the "clear ip bgp *" command, but
that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Which IOS version you using? Which image?