HMMM,

there are lots of answer`s to this question...

1.  built into all 3600 and above ios 12.0 and above is something called
cisco netflow .
This will basically do a "sh ip accounting" (v1) and export this data " at
random intervals"  to a collector...
This software can then be analysed and reports come of this...
to do this you can

1 buy the cisco netflow collector ,which is a unix app ,and point your
routers to it..
this simply collects data to be analysed by anither app
2.get a free version (i did 3.6) of cisco netflow analyser.to make reports
....which to be honest is abit pants...
3. get a third party app like either HP Inetnert performance monitor or
concord traffic accountant ..

2. RMON Probes
what you could do is buy a phsical probe and tap it inbetween your csu/dsu
and router..
and again you need some sort of analysing software....
e.g Netscout RTM 1.4 (as part of ciscoworks LMS2.1) and a netscout probe
(8241 fast ethernet)

3
Get MRTG ....it does all you ask for (and so iam told ) it include`s netflow
monitoring.....runs on linux ....and is well supported

HTH

steve