Richard Burdette wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed the increase in Cisco advertising over
> the last week
> or so?  I'm seeing a TV add almost everyday.

Yes and I like the ads very much. Have you heard the one where they say
65,536 users are doing such-and-such and 256 users are doing such-and-such.
How many other companies would sneak in a geek joke? There's one number they
use in the middle that I can't figure out though. It's not a power of 2. I
can't remember what it is though. I'll try to listen more carefully and send
a question on this. It's probably the number of ports in some Cisco device.

> Could this be the
> result of
> Cisco possibly having some statistics leading them to believe
> an increase in
> IT spending is forthcoming?  I hope so!

They are probably trying go generate more spending!? But, alas, there's no
evidence that advertising actually works. :-)

Priscilla