Hi all,
I have an interesting problem:
I am running an snmp monitor to check devices in a network behind a
firewall.  SNMP traps seem to work ok (port 162).  When, however, I try to
poll an object (I have a VPN to the network by the way to access the
internal addresses, but the devices must respond to the external address of
the SNMP Monitor) I get response time out.  When I check the network traffic
I find that the responding device source is using UDP port 161 to send but
seems to vary the destination UDP port  (I am getting 3459, 1902, 2837,
2874, 1731, 1064, 1561, 1509, and some more) and I never find the querying
device.  How do I go about convincing a firewall to open all these ports for
sending?

A general response would be appreciated regardless of the firewall make.

Thanks in advance.
hanan