I'm sure many of you have already read about this new switch, but these are
quite different looking than the normal Cisco switches I'm used to working
with. Plus, I even had a dream last night about these silly things, so they
were on my mind this morning.

Cisco designed these basically for the manufacturing sector or anywhere else
that the atmosphere wreaks havoc on networking equipment. I remember some of
the switch rooms at GM that I've been into and I was surprised that the fans
didn't stop turning because they were so clogged with dust! These new
switches don't use fans. Instead, they are internally cooled and are able to
operate at extreme temperatures and withstand extreme vibration and shock.

Here's some links for those who are interested:

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/ts_030303.html

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/CiscoCatalyst2955-22.jpg

Shawn G. Kaminski
EDS - GTO Capability Center
Dow Chemical Test Facilities - Network Support