I just took the CCDP Recertification exam, exam number 640-529. I got an
878. You need 768 to pass. There were 115 questions and I had extra time.
You get 2 hours.

The test wasn't too bad. The copyright on the test is 2000. That will give
you a clue regarding what's on there.

The test was clearly broken up into 4 sections: remote access, CID, routing,
and switching.

Remote access was pretty easy because I studied for it.

CID still had the ancient technologies and bizarre wording we have come to
know and love. :-)

Routing was the hardest for me, not because it included any routing
protocols recently added to other tests, but because the questions were
tough. But at least they were well written. I'll have to study OSPF
summarization better for next time (CCNP recert coming up too.)

The switching questions ranged from outrageously easy to tough. I was
shocked at how badly written they were. The author of the switching test
doesn't seem to be a native English speaker. There were missing articles,
and verbs that didn't agree with the subject, and other clues that the
writer wasn't a native English speaker. That's OK, but doesn't Cisco have
editors? Also some of the right (I think!) answers had the logic backwards.
Perhaps if you're thinking in another language and translating, that could
happen.

But I survived and am still a proud CCDP!

Priscilla