Character       Description
   !            Each exclamation point indicates receipt of a reply
   .            Each period indicates the network server timed out
while waiting for a reply
   U            A destination unreachable error PDU was received
   Q            Source quench (destination too busy)
   M            Could not fragment
   ?            Unknown packet type
   &            Packet lifetime exceeded

Source of above:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_tech_note091
86a00800a6057.shtml

Also from various GroupStudy posts:
        I       Interrupted
        T       Timeout
        N       ICMP Net Unreachable
        H       ICMP Host Unreachable
        P       ICMP Unknown Protocol
        U       ICMP Unreachable Port
        A       ICMP Administratively Prohibited (access-list
refused)
          C         A packet was received with the congestion-
experienced bit set