>Hi,
>We're looking to implement NNM6.x soon.. and have a question re. DNS
and
>cisco ip addresses..
>How will DNS be setup to resolve a router with multiple IP adresses?
ie. one
>netbios name and multiple IP's? will it prioritise?
>thanks in advance.

Why would a router have a NetBIOS name??  And what do you mean by
prioritize?  Are you asking if it will prefer one IP address over the
others?

My recommendation--if it doesn't conflict with other issues within your
network--is to configure a loopback address on your routers and use that
for DNS resolution.  In the past we had all interfaces in DNS but this
caused some issues with NNM and it really didn't benefit us.  So, we
streamlined our DNS and all are happy.

The best place for a question like this is the OpenView forum.  If
you're going to be running NNM you really need to join that forum and
get on their mailing list.  Go to www.ovforum.org for more details.  You
can also search their archives for more information about NNM and DNS.

Good luck,
John