Lesson 1 - if you can't get it to work, call tech support. It will start
working the instant you are talking to a tech.

Lesson 2 - if it was working on the physical interface, and not working when
you moved everything to the dialer interface, just power cycle the hardware.
Things start working like a charm.

Lesson 3 - When reading through TAC docs on troubleshooting ISDN, do not
become discouraged when you read that IOS 12.2 has fixed just about all the
problems with that occurred in 12.0 and 12.1 Instead plan your strategy,
knowing that  ( according to Cisco ) IOS 12.1 is still in the CCIE lab.

Does OSPF demand circuit REALLY work the way it is supposed to?  I see all
the routes on both sides of the ISDN link as DNA in the OSPF table, and both
interfaces show "spoofing" but hellos are still being sent every 10 seconds.
Depending on the dialer-list, this means either that the link keeps popping
back up or the adjacency is lost.

Snapshot routing with RIP works as advertised.

Backup interface is a real pain.

Forget dialer watch.

Enjoying my reading of a number of documents found in the TAC portion of
CCO.

--
TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"