ur right about the frames ability to use gig0/2 only if the gig0/1 goes
down, but according to the standard, the link from which bpdu's arrive with
a higher cost will be put on blocking, but visibely that is not the case.
some one will surelly respond to this.
""John Brandis""  a icrit dans le message de
news: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hey All,
>
> I am going through my network, which consists of a single 4006 at the
core,
> and some 14 2950's connected via gig fibre.
>
> Picture this, I have 4 2950's on each floor  (3 floors in my building, yes
> know that does not equal 14 switch's) each have a gbic fibre connection to
> the 4006 core, whilst the other gig port go's to the next switch on that
> level. So switch 1 connects int gig 0/2 to switch 2 gig 0/2
>
> My issue at the moment, is that when I have a look at the spanning tree
> states, I see that both gig ports are in a forwarding state. That does not
> sound correct to me as I expected to see one blocking (the int gig 0/2)
and
> the link to the core in a forwarding state. Here is the output of one of
my
> switch's
>
> lvl13-sw1#sh spanning-tree blockedports
>
> Name                 Blocked Interfaces List
>
> Number of blocked ports (segments) in the system : 0
> A showing of my active spanning tree ports shows
>
> Interface        Port ID                     Designated
Port