FR relay is quiet effective, especially with hub and multi-spoke
deployemnts. One of the big advantages as well, reducing interface costs on
the Hub end, as you onely have one serial interface with multiple FR PVC's?

A further solution is to have a xDSL / Cable installation at the remote
sites, and then vpn them to the hub route, or even VPN mesh them to each
other and the HUB.  It really depends on what sort of traffic flows you are
expecting.

Say for exampled you had a remote office that browsed the web etc, but need
to connect back to the hub for internal services such as customer database /
internal collabrative servers etc, then havbing a local break out, with VPN
would be ok  This would also reduce the dependency of the spokes on the hub
for internet connectivity and would be able to run a degraded service should
the hub fail.

If all the spokes are doing si connecting back to the Hub, eg terminal
services (SNA, TN3270 etc)