In addition, one side needs to act as the frame relay DCE. Use the
'frame-relay intf-type dce' command to accomplish this.

John

>>> Larry Letterman 3/14/03 11:38:56 AM >>>
somewhere in the routers config there will need to be a frame
switch command and a frame route command, which is how the Frame
Switch that Scott mentions works...

Larry Letterman
Network Engineer
Cisco Systems

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: s vermill
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 12:10 PM
  Subject: RE: Back-to-back FR P2P circuits with Different Dlci's [7:65355]

  Cisco Nuts wrote:

  > Hello,
  > Does any one know why if 2 routers configured back-to-back for
  > frame relay
  > point-to-point intf. using different dlci's does NOT work?

  Well, it's been a while since I worked with FR.  But if you think about a
  "true" FR circuit, DLCIs are locally significant but both the customer prem
  equipment and the FR switch have to have matching DLCIs.  It's essentially
  logical circuit ID that needs to be agreed to by both end points in order
  for communication to take place.  If you have three routers, you can
  configure one to act as a FR switch.  Then two spur routers can talk, via
  the "switch," on different DLCIs.