I have taken both exams and passed. However, I was fortunate enough to be
able to enroll in both classes before taking the exam.

What I can say is, on the DQoS part, you can learn most of QoS off the Cisco
website and other QoS books. For the CIPT, you might want to enroll in a
CIPT class, as you would need hands-on training in debugging and
troubleshooting IP Telephony. Unless you have extensive experience on IP
tel, you might want to consider taking the class. Especially because, you
won't find any book about troubleshooting other than the courseware
available on the class.