From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Azhar Teza
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 3:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Voice VLAN [7:65606]

I have this setup: 6509 switch connected to multiple 2950 switches. In each
IDF I will have atleat (20) 2950 connected to 6500 switch. 6509 then will be
connected to 3700 series router for WAN Connectivity. 6509 will also be
connected to Nortel CSE1000 IP phone server. The question is: In each branch
I will have atleast 5 or 6 IP phones connected to 2950 switch. I Like to put
my 2950 switch ports for phones in a different vlan for voice traffic and
will have a separate vlan for Data. Do I need any QOS for Voice port? The
connection between 2950 switches to 6509 will be Gigabit. I believe I have
enough bandwidth between the ports, and voice traffic should be okay w/o any
QOS. Is there any specific good link for setup Voice VLAN in 6509 and 2950
switches along with QOS if needed?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com