From: MADMAN [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 3:09 PM
To: Scott
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Anybody heard of banff counters? [7:65765]

   I don't buy the layer 2 loop argument, it's more likely an ASIC
problem, the banff is a chipset consisting of three ASICs.   Do a "sh
banff-reset" and if you have a large number of reset you probably need
to replace hardware.  I assume this is a Cat5000 series switch.

   Dave

Scott wrote:
> They are some sort of counters in engineering mode on the catalyst.  The
> only info. I could find on them says they have something to do with the
> EARL.  TAC is telling somebody that it's a sign of a layer 2 loop.
Anybody?

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one
behind me."
--- General George S. Patton