jonathan jonathan wrote:

> by the way getting deeper into it, i can now ping from all
> spoke routers to the hub router however i cannot ping back.
> could this be a route map statement on the frame switch (2521)?
> I'm still digging into it.

Hello Jonathan Jonathan,

I'm so glad our messages were helpful.

Usually pinging capablity is symmetrical. That is, if Router A can ping
Router B, then Router B can ping Router A. Sending a ping reply requires the
same "resources" and configuration as sending a ping. So, when you ping from
Router B to Router A, if Router A can send a ping reply, it would be strange
indeed if it can't send a ping, and vice versa.

The exception to this, of course, is access lists. They could make it work
assymetrically.

There may be other exceptions too that I'm just not thinking of...

So, I guess I'm questioning what you're telling us is happening. That's kind
of rude, but I'm in a bit of a rush. :-)

Now, if you said you can't ping your own interface, that's a very common
problem with new Frame Relay configs. You won't be able to ping your own
interface unless you have a map statement for your own address.

Gotta run. Nice talking to you. Good luck with your lab!

Priscilla