Cisco has already answered this question

Your first point of reference:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/whatsnew.html

and in particular for the 3550 switches

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/whatsnew.html#13

and

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/ccie_program/whatsnew.html#15

Do you need the particular switches to study? Well, there are things common
to the 3550 and the 3500XL and maybe a couple of the other switches.

The IOS image is similar enough to routers, that you can practice the
configs on a router.

Ask yourself - what is Cisco likely to test, and plan you studies
accordingly.

Rather than spend a lot of money on equipment so you can duplicate the Lab,
you may want to invest in fewer pieces of equipment, and some on rack rental
to practice a few particular things.

--
TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]