We deploy 2620/2621 in our microwave network with Catalyst 1912/1924 to 'fan
out' via
VLANs, but we just use the aux port on the 26xx to reverse telnet to the
19xx, rather
than assigning an IP address to the switch.

   I have seen several situations where ARP requests leak across VLANs on
29xx/35xx
series equipment, never really had the chance to observe enough on the other
platforms
(4xxx/5xxx/6xxx) to know if they're involved - the 19xx seem to be very
stable and I've
never detected anything like leaking information on them.

  The big benefit for us, besides cheaper port density, is that we 'twin'
each port -
an on site tech wanting to work on the thing plugged in to port 1 on the cat
1924 knows
he can just hook his laptop to port 11 and he is on the same segment.