In my opinion it is smarter and safer to use a DMZ interface on a PIX
firewall vice having a switch/hub before the firewall. This is because if
one of your DMZ nodes are attacked from the internet you can easily close
the hole and block the attack source. With a hub before firewall you will
have to rely on the OS to block the attack or disconnect the node from the
switch/hub.
It may be work to create static NAT translations and ACLs, but you
definitely have control over what is being accessed exactly.

""Sam""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hey there
>
> Mostly, firewall design includes a dmz. In most companies, within this
DMZ,