From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: What is a distributed/collapsed backbone? [7:65225]

According to CID "lingo" a collapsed backbone is a single router or switch
acting as a backbone in a campus design model. It contrasts with a
distributed backbone where routers or switches are spread out among floors
or buildings, all connected together via something like FDDI. (Yes, CID
still has FDDI in it!)

Maybe that picture you are looking at is an error.

Good luck with CID. It's a fun one! :-)

Priscilla