Hey folks, I had a question on Cisco's IDS offering.

Currently im getting ready to order:

3 IDS 4210's
2 IDS 4235's
VMS 2.1
and a 10 Agent bundle of Cisco's new Security Agent (OEM Okena).

I have a question on the management and rollout of the project.

Now if I buy VMS 2.1 which touts as being a Central Security management
solution for PIX, NIDS, and HIDS etc. will the new Okena software be able to
interface with VMS? There is an article:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_data_sheet091
86a0080144669.html

Stating that the Okena product SHOULD be assimilated into Cisco by March.
The page also states that while they are OEM'ing Okena they (Cisco) are
going to throw in the management package that Okena needs to have for FREE.

So what's the deal? If I go forward with buying VMS 2, AND need to buy the
Okena software from Cisco (5K), that seems to me to be a rip. On the other
hand if it's all integrated into VMS that would be sweet.

Another quick question...does anyone know if VMS 2.1 works with IDS 4.0
software?

Thanks!

--Rich