Hello,
Hope you are doing well,
Please go through the following requirement and let me know on
ke...@riderconsultinginc.com
if you have any available resources

Role : SQL DBA / Developer

Location: Dayton, OH

Term: 6months - 1year

SQL Server DBA/Developer

Microsoft SQL interview topic groups:

* Advanced experience with SQL components, including Databases, Tables,
Columns,
Sql data types, stored procedures, etc.

* Advanced experience with SQL tools (Query Analyzer, Profiler, Management
Studio, etc) that come with Microsoft SQL Server.

* Advanced/Intermediate experience with the SQL query language (also known
as "T-SQL").

* Advanced/Intermediate experience leading the design of new databases based
on conversations with Application Architects and Software Engineers.

* Advanced/Intermediate experience leading the merging/consolidating of
multiple
existing databases.

* Intermediate/Advanced experience evaluating and optimizing database
performance
for existing databases.

* Intermediate/Advanced experience troubleshooting issues, specifically
including
slow performance and deadlock issues.

* Intermediate experience creating SQL scripts using T-SQL to automate
repetitive
and semi-predictable SQL processes (such as updating Database/Table structure,
stored procedures, and existing data   on deployed/production databases).

* Any experience with SQL Server administrative processes, including
backup/restore
methods.

* Any experience working with Software Engineers and Architects.

* Any knowledge of Object Relational Mapping (O.R.M.) software.Information
directly from the hiring manager:
- We have developers on staff (and some that have left) that have designed,
indexed, etc. all our databases, so they aren't good, but they aren't bad
either.
We need a smart individual with good communication skills and strong SQL Server
DBA experience.

SWCE DB Conversions
- MS SQL Server ... 2000 / 2003 and up still in use at customer sites
- We are not responsible for maintaining the DBs, customers do that themselves
- We have hundreds of DBs installed at customer sites ... and we need to create
an automated way to upgrade them to the most recent version of our software
- our biggest problem with this is that the oldest DBs have been customized
(or maybe a better way to say is that everyone is a slightly newer version
the last)
- today, our answer is to manually convert them as the orders come in (this
would instantly be given to them as an assignment)
- Ideally ... we would end up having something we could use to take a customer
offline for a short period of time and the end result would be a DB ready to
run against the newest software ... today they have to install a new copy of
the DBs and the process takes days or weeks
- These DBs could probably use some optimization, but they are on the way out,
and would need someone to figure out how to migrate them to a new architecture

iMed Consent Databases
- MS SQL Server ... 2000 / 2003 and up still in use at customer sites
- We are not responsible for maintaining the DBs, customers do that themselves
- We need to find a way to install and populate these DBs easily ... today we
give the customer a copy of the DB ... this is difficult due to the sheer
volume
of information that needs to be pre-loaded (thousands of rows of data)
- Again, these DBs could use some optimization, but are on the way out, and
the need to be figured out

CareWall/PFF
- I know the least about this product and these DBs
- It was designed and built by an offshore team in India and my team is taking
it over this year
- This is still in a pilot phase so most likely we will need someone to
optimize
the DB

  Thanks.

  Kevin*Patel*