> Here is a patch... I worked out that all the Thai strings in the
> babel file should be in their their cjk-encoded forms, since it is
> inserted after cjk-encode. So here is a patch with a corresponding
> changelog.

Thanks, but I strongly prefer the solution which Theppitak has
implemented (and which is used for other Babel packages also), and
which you should be able to copy verbatim from file `thai.dtx'.

> That probably means nobody had tried to use \today with thaicjk
> ever? :-)

Maybe :-)

> BTW, is it possible to programmatically revert cjk-encode ? I don't
> see the reverse in cjk-enc.el.

No, it isn't in general.  Input encodings which use the same script
get mapped onto a unified representation form.  For example, latin1
and latin2 both use the generic entity representations from LaTeX.

    Werner