Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this but it seemed more of a
development question than a user one.

I have been testing clamav on OSX and noticed that it does not scan Mac
resource forks, only data forks - which is to be expected as it is a
unix-level port, and most of the ways to get at resource forks are
presumably in different file access API's (carbon/cocoa?).

Several questions arise from that:

1. Does anyone have any plans to add this ability? I think I am right in
saying that it could be as simple as scanning "file/rsrc" as well as "file"
on OSX systems. This could be included by an #ifdef at compile time maybe?

2. I don't think any of the classic old Mac resource viruses (MDBF, MDEF
etc) are in the clamav virus db. Does anyone have access to these for
testing purposes, and to get signatures for them? If not, how could one go
about making sure this worked?

3. I saw on the user list that someone had created an AppleScript studio gui
front-end for OSX to run clamav. I was looking for one because I was
considering writing one myself in fact! I would think that without resource
fork scanning that clamav would be reasonably useless on Mac. Anyone have
any further thoughts or opinions on that? Should there be something in the
documentation explaining to OSX users that it probably isn't a good
replacement for Virex etc, at least not yet!?

regards,
Gavin

--
Gavin Aiken