Hi,

I'm developing clamXav (clamav GUI for Mac OS X) and I was wondering two things:

Firstly, could we add an option for a "dummy" scan? What I mean is to have clamscan goes through the process of what it would normally do, but not actually perform any scanning? Basically what I'm after is a total number of files/directories to be scanned (un-archiving wouldn't be necessary) so that I can provide a progress indicator.

Secondly, is there any option to skip a specific file once it has started being scanned? I know clamscan isn't really designed to be interactive, but a key-stroke could allow the user to avoid scanning a file which appears to be taking forever. Maybe control-D or control-X or something could abort the current file and just move on to the next file due to be scanned.

Any thoughts?

Mark