Hi,

What are the overheads involved in determining if a file is a symlink/hardlink and is there a way to tell clamscan not to follow them?

Mac OS X contains a directory called /Volumes at the root level of the boot volume which in itself isn't a problem, but for some reason best known to Apple they decided to include a symlink to / inside there and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you the problems this causes when you call clamscan on the root directory!

I've tried calling clamscan with --exclude=^/Volumes however it still seems to iterate through the directory (albeit without scanning) and still doesn't ever actually come to a halt.

Could we do something along the lines of what's been done in "/clamscan/manager.c" where /proc is excluded for LINUX?

Mark