Tomasz Kojm wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:01:04 +0200
"Tom G. Christensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You fixed the problem with the build crashing by removing the general
test for resolv.h so that HAVE_RESOLV_H would not be defined when the
dn_expand test is skipped.
All that's now left is the confusion of --enable-dns *disabling* an
option.

--enable-dns is superfluous

Well when you maintain a package you don't really want to depend too much on what is enabled implicitly. You generally want to use --enable/--disable --with/--without to make sure you get exactly what you ask for.

I'll continue to carry this patch for my RPM package since I consider the current behaviour broken (or at the least *very* unfortunate).

The maintainer of the fc1/fc2 RPM packages is as confused as me. His current specfile uses --enable-dns which turns off the option he no doubt wanted to explicitly enable.

-tgc