On Wednesday 09 March 2005 10:00 am, Calin A. Culianu wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Tomasz Kojm wrote:
> >> In particular, I am thinking of supporting at least:
> >>
> >> %f - infected filename
> >
> > It was already supported but has been removed due to security issues.
>
> Why is this a security issue?
>
> The sysadmin specifies in the configuration file that he _wants_ %f,
> therefore that means he knows the implications of it.  If he thinks it's a
> security risk, he can just not include %f in his VirusEvent string.
>
> Could %f support be resurrected?  The reason I think %f is important is
> that if one wants to use clamuko for on-access scanning, it is useful to
> know immediately which file was blocked because it was infected.  This
> involves using VirusEvent to run a program, telling that program which
> file was infected.
>
> Another approach involves parsing the log file which is not as clean or
> elegant, in my opinion.  It would be nice to just rely on VirusEvent
> without too much polling of log files.

well, I know they'll probably tell you that the %f flag won't be resurrected..
but it might be kinda nice to add the filename to an environment variable
that the script can use...

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]