Along the lines of OnErrorExecute and OnUpdateExecute I'd like to propose an
OnOutdatedExecute.
The command specified would be executed when the local software appears to be
outdated.

I run freshclam as a daemon, and today I only see :

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.85 Recommended version: 0.85.1

in the log.  So I need to actively monitor the log to catch this.  The
OnOutdatedExecute command
would be called in the same place where this warning is issued.

I've got a patch more or less ready, but in manager.c there seems to be a
couple of different
warnings.  One is in _downloadmanager()_ which is the one I've amended, but in
_downloaddb()_
there is talk of "functionality levels" instead of "versions"?

--
/Per Jessen, Zürich