> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:22:12 +0200
> "Christian Hilgers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Is that intent? It would be nice to have a scanner that
> returns as fast as
> > possible. Why scanning 500MB if the virus is at the beginning?
>
> What's the format of that file?

It is not a real infected file.

It is ASCII-text with a bagle-f virus. I put the bagel-f at the begining and
than the text. -> The complete file is scanned.
I tried the same with the eicar. After the virus is found the scanner jumps
to the end of the file (and my programm stucks here).
I hard look the file before scanning and release the lock step by step. It
would be helpfull for my programm if clamav would stop reading on infection
and return. 0.83 was doing this pretty good.

CU
Christian - HAVP Anti Virus Proxy