Hello,

Inside of Clamd, once a session is established, the timeout is set to 5. May I ask why? It seems to make more sense to use the default ReadTimeout value, or make it configurable option.

I'm asking because I have re-written the Proftpd module to use Clamd. Once an FTP session is established, I create a local unix socket connection to Clamd and start a session. I need to be able to keep the connection open for the time frame a user is connected, because of privileges being dropped once the user is logged in. With the timeout of 5, it pretty much closes the connection, if the user isn't quickly uploading files.

Regards,
Joseph Benden
Thralling Penguin LLC