Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your reply.
I need to know the cases where ClamAV has performance bottlenecks or issues.
What kind of texts that could make ClamAV takes more time than usual.
Aho-Corasick and Boyer-Moore might have some situations that cause performance
issue.
I might consider doing improvements or study performance impact.
Do you think that this could be a realistic problem to study?

Any help with that is appreciated.

Thanks much,

~Moe

On Apr 26, 2010, at 4:30 AM, Török Edwin wrote:

> On 04/24/2010 11:39 PM, Mohammed Al-Saleh wrote:
>> Does ClamAV use Aho-Corasick algorithm to match files against static
>> signatures and Boyer-Moore against signatures that have *'s and ??'s  ?
>
> No it is not as simple as that, and it is usually the other way around.
>
> read the cli_parse_add() function, it has all the logic of choosing
> between AC and BM.
>
> Why do you ask?
>
> Best regards,
> --Edwin