2011/5/19 Török Edwin <ed...@clamav.net>:
> On 05/19/2011 03:56 PM, Renato Botelho wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> We have an option on FreeBSD ports collection to build clamav using
>> llvm that was already installed in the system. It reduces a lot the time
>> to build clamav.
>>
>> A user reported me he is having problems to build it because llvm he
>> has installed is version 2.9, like you can see at [1].
>>
>> Is it intentional?
>
> LLVM isn't API compatible between versions and 2.9 wasn't released yet
> at the time of 0.97.
>
>> If not, is it easy to be fixed? I can add a patch on
>> the ports collection to fix it on current clamav version.
>>
>> [1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/157147
>
> 0.97.1 (and current master and 0.97 branches) have support for building
> with external LLVM 2.9, which I've tested to work at least on Linux.
>
> The patch is here:
> http://git.clamav.net/gitweb?p=clamav-devel.git;a=commitdiff;h=0c79cc552990ad3af1f864929d44286632c963ac;hp=0e34854a7bda91540105e3ffd93050745365f80f
>
> Can you try if it works on FreeBSD?
>
> Note that the patch removes the ability to build with external 2.8 as
> that one is buggy on latest (Sandy Bridge?) Intel i5/i7 chips.
> The internal 2.8 version used by ClamAV has 2 patches backported from 2.9.
>
> If you want to support building with both 2.8 and 2.9 its a matter of
> patching configure.ac/configure to allow both, the source code itself
> has ifdefs to support both 2.8 and 2.9. Let me know if you want that or
> just 2.9 is enough.

Hi Török,

Do you guys have a prevision for 0.97.1 release?

If this release is comming soon, i will just patch freebsd
port to build against llvm 2.9 and wait, if it'll take a long
time, would be nice to leave port working with both versions.

I'll let you know when i finish testing it.

Regards
--
Renato Botelho