On 06/21/2011 02:45 PM, Fritz Elfert wrote:
> detection but what I want to achieve with this is to exploit clamav's
> ability to quickly scan over data (recursively unpacking of archives
> etc.), then "quarantining" the desired fragments of data for later
> processing. I specifically *do* need signed CVD however in order to
> assure, that only the proper internal authority can change the sigs.
> (The data to be detected and "quarantined" are selected certificates and
> CSRs in various forms).

Sounds like something more easily solved by traditional Unix permissions and
SSH keys:
- create a user that can write to the ClamAV database directory
- allow it to do scp (or rsync -e ssh) with an SSH key, but not actually login
- update the signatures on your central server and use scp, or rsync -e ssh to
securely distribute
the database to all machines running ClamAV

Best regards,
--Edwin