I studied the ClamAuth driver code.
It's one-way notification now.

Yes, Growl can be used for the one-way notification.

There maybe the case that the virus file runs for few seconds before the
clamd quarantines or deletes it.

The Mac's kernel authentication has another advantage which is not used in
the driver, the open/execute action of virus file can be refused in the
driver before its running, like DazukoFS or fanotify.

So a two-way communication is needed, driver get response from user about
whether to accept or refuse the file operation.

Fanotify is one part of Linux kernel (>2.6?), which filter file access and
refuse or accept it. I once raise a bug of it:
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1110.1/00292.html.
I think we can use fanotify on Linux too, then it becomes driverless.