Am 20.03.13 17:11, schrieb Ladar Levison:
> On 3/20/2013 9:47 AM, Eugene Crosser wrote:
>> On 03/20/2013 06:35 PM, Matt Olney wrote:
>>
>>> We're currently scoping out the next version of ClamAV.  We have a number
>>> of ideas in house, but I wanted to solicit some feedback from our users
>>> about what you might be interested in seeing.
>> API to scan data that is already read (or, more practically, mmap()'ed)
>> into memory, a la scan_buff(void *start, size_t length, ...<options etc.>)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eugene
>>

> I second that! Right now we have to write an email message to disk just so we
> can pass in a file descriptor.

Isn't that what most MTAs do anyway?  Receiving a message over a socket
and storing it in a file.

When I added (or rather fixed) the filedescriptor passing code in
ClamAV, I did it to optimally work with sendmail milters and it did
speed up things tremendously (before, you add to pass the whole message
content over the socket to the clamav daemon process).

If you temporarily store the message content on a ramdisk, it should get
quite fast.

(speaking about a scenario with running clamd here, btw)