Hi Joel,

I fully understand the frustration of sending out beta/RC builds for testing,
receiving no feedback, and then getting bug reports *after* release.  It
happens to me as well, so I simply don't do the RC thing for smaller releases,
but I do for the bigger updates - and I think including a new reliance on a 3rd
party library would probably count as a "bigger update".

Now, I know I can checkout the current git code and test that, but I'm
certainly not going to do that on a regular basis, just on spec that a release
might be around the corner.

If RCs were to be announced, I would definitely download it to test.  When I
build ClamAV, I usually do it for distribution, so I currently run my own tests
against OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.  I would be happy to include a test
suite of your own as well.

For what it's worth 'make check' only ever runs 6 tests for me - all 6 pass, 7
get skipped.  Is there a more thorough integration test I could run for you?

Mark