Hi ClamAV user, developer,

I am new to clamAV. I like its design.

While scanning i saw few false positive virus. I search on internet and found out that i can avoid these false positive by writing md5 sum to local.ign file and putting this file in /var/lib/clamav/* directory. then restarting clamd daemon.

Its partially working, means it working when i scan false positive file with clamscan -d and its not working with clamdscan.

Steps for creating local.ign file:

$ sigtool --md5  my_file_name.exe >> local.ign

after that i put this file in /var/lib/clamav/* directory and restarted clamd daemon.

when i execute $ clamscan -d /var/lib/clamav/local.ign my_file_name.exe then its not reporting false positive, its working perfectly.

But when i scan this file using clamdscan then its still reporting false positive.

Could anyone help me regarding this false positive avoidance.

I can not submit my false positive file because of some business ethics and compliance.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Gaurav

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml