At present, only encrypted PDF's will alert using AlertEncryptedDoc.  In the
future, I would like to detect encryption in other document formats.

I realize it seems a little silly that the feature only works for PDFs at this
time, so here is a little context.  In 0.100, the only option was
ArchiveBlockEncrypted.  ArchiveBlockEncrypted, despite what the name implies,
will alert on both encrypted archives and encrypted PDFs.  Separating the
options was done at the request of users who have been using
ArchiveBlockEncrypted in a mail filtering application and were frustrated that
their encrypted payroll documents were getting blocked, but did not want to
allow potentially malicious encrypted archives.  For 0.101, we separated
ArchiveBlockEncrypted into AlertEncryptedDoc and AlertEncryptedArchive,
retaining the more generic AlertEncrypted option for users who would want to
continue using a single option.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Nov 1, 2018, at 2:43 PM, Paul

HI

Should I be seeing encrypted (password protected) MS Office docx files detected
with "AlertEncryptedDoc true"

Regards Paul

Please submit your patches to our Bugzilla: http://bugzilla.clamav.net

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq